■Retailization of Healthcare(身近な医療)実現で医療サービスの質向上へ
2020 is a year of Retailization’ for the healthcare industry
Global Healthcare Market Outlook, 2020: Key Predictions & Growth Opportunities for the $2+ Trillion Industry
Predictions for the global healthcare market in 2020 include:
・SDOH analytics platform gains traction in 2020
・AI both develops more use cases and faces more ethical challenges, beginning with radiology
・Annuity-based model catapults gene therapy commercialization
・Continued VC funding mega-rounds make 2020 a banner year for Digital Health Unicorn’s IPO exits
・Interoperability by pure-play solution vendors gain ground against standalone systems
・Telehealth gains mainstream adoption in the overall mix of healthcare services
・Precision medicine-led approaches pave the way for next-gen health data analytics solutions
・2020 is a year of Retailization’ for the healthcare industry, promoting Comparison Shopping’ consumer mindset
4. Key 2020 Healthcare Market Predictions
Prediction 1 – SDOH Analytics Platform to Gain Traction in 2020
Prediction 2 – AI Both Develops More Use Cases and Faces More Ethical Challenges, Beginning With Radiology
Prediction 3 – Annuity-based Model to Catapult Gene Therapy Commercialization
Prediction 4 – Continued VC Funding Mega-rounds Make 2020 a Banner Year for Digital Health Unicorn’s IPO Exits
Prediction 5 – Interoperability by Pure-play Solution Vendors Will Gain Ground Against Standalone Systems
Prediction 6 – Telehealth Will Gain Mainstream Adoption in the Overall Mix of Healthcare Services
Prediction 7 – Precision Medicine-led Approaches Will Pave the Way for Next-gen Health Data Analytics Solutions
Prediction 8 – 2020 Will be a Year of Retailization’ for the Healthcare Industry, Promoting the Comparison Shopping’ Consumer Mindset
Disruption and the “Retailization” of Healthcare: Strategies to Compete and Succeed – Industry Analysis by Loyale Healthcare
Disruption and the “Retailization” of Healthcare: Strategies to Compete and Succeed – Industry Analysis by Loyale Healthcare | Benzinga
1. Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) analytics platform gains traction during 2020 – Social determinates weigh more heavily on overall health outcomes than Medical care determinants. It’s predicted that by the end of 2020, 40% of U.S. Health Systems and commercial payers will use this data “in making risk assessments, patient outreach and business decisions.”
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI) develops more use case studies and faces more ethical challenges, beginning with radiology – As AI for diagnosing and detecting disease becomes more advanced, physicians will be challenged to decide where and when and how to apply it while managing liability.
3. An Annuity-based model to catapult gene therapy commercialization – High costs with virtually no reimbursements, Frost & Sullivan predicts that an annuity-based reimbursement model will “unlock commercialization potential of gene therapies to achieve revenue of $2 Billion by the end of 2020.”
4. Continued Venture Capital (VC) funding mega rounds will make a banner year for Digital Health Unicorns’ Initial Public Offer (IPO) exits – “Five digital health unicorns will exit via IPOs by the end of the year.”
5. Interoperability by pure-play solution vendors will gain ground against standalone systems – “Interoperability will finally take s major step forward in terms of government policies, vendor acceptance and strategic focus.”
6. Telehealth will gain mainstream adoption in the overall mix of healthcare services and will expand beyond the current focus on chronic conditions – “Progressive health systems will start to view telehealth as a standard of care option for primary care virtual consultation.”
7. Precision medicine-led approaches will pave the way for next-gen health data analytics solutions – “Cognitive analytics programs will bridge the last mile for precision medicine into clinical practice…The precision medicine informatics service market will cross the $5 Billion mark by the end of 2020.”
8. 2020 will be a year of “Retailization” for the healthcare industry, promoting the ‘Comparison Shopping’ consumer mindset – “2020 will be the year of new or expanded health services offerings from new ‘entrants'” – A topic we’ve written about extensively as healthcare consumers’ continue to embrace the role of empowered consumer.
Key 2020 trends for payers and providers
Hospitals under pressure
Traditional health systems are under intense pressure as their operating model is under threat from the rise in consumerism and the shift in reimbursement.
This rise in the retailization of healthcare is a massive driver of change. “You can’t underestimate it,” Patrick Pilch, who leads BDO’s healthcare advisory practice, told Healthcare Dive.
Health systems operate in an environment now where consumers are accustomed to seamless customer experiences in other sectors. From an app on their phones, consumers can order groceries or a ride to a particular destination, and they have come to expect that packages containing their orders for just about anything will arrive on their doorstep in just two days or sooner thanks to Amazon.
“Retailization of Healthcare 患者（消費者）中心経験価値への進化（深化）” の続きを読む